The Content Analytics page serves as a visual summary page for your content. There is quite a bit to take in on that page, so this article will serve as a guide to some of the most common questions we get:
How do each of the charts and tables work?
In total, there are 7 "boxes" on the Content analytics page, each containing a mix of blue "stat blocks", charts, and tables. Please select from the list of articles below which box you'd like to learn more about:
- Summary box
- Live viewers box
- On-demand viewers box
- Questions, Attachments, Votes, and Feedback Boxes: These boxes just display the raw data that comes in for these four categories.
Why are some of the boxes visible on some content but not others?
Charts, tables, and boxes are always displayed based on the data available. In other words, if there is no data to display, there is no chart. This varies slightly by box:
- Summary box: Only shows if is there is at least one pre-registration or viewing on this content
- Live viewers box: Only shows if there is at least one live viewer on this content
- On-demand viewers box: Only shows if there is at least one on-demand viewer on this content
- Questions box: Only shows if there was at least one question asked on this content.
- Attachments box: Only shows if there is at least one attachment added to this content.
- Votes box: Only shows if there is at least one poll added to this content
- Feedback/Rating box: Only shows if there was at least one feedback or rating for this content.
How does the chart type filter work?
The chart type filter drop-down allows you to quickly filter the page into four different categories:
- All: Which as the name indicates, will show every available chart
- Overview only: Which will only show the Summary chart
- Viewer only: Which will show only the Live Viewers and On-demand viewers charts
- Viewer interactions only: Which will only show the Questions, Feedback, Votes and Attachments charts.
Can I download a report of the data in the charts?
On the Content Analytics page, we do not currently allow for a direct download of the data shown in the charts. However, all of it is available on the "Content reports" tab and can be easily configured to recreate any variation of the charts that you need.