This guide will walk you through the "Upload a Video" feature, which allows you to upload a pre-recorded piece of content into your BrightTALK Channel that can be used to increase organic traffic, run Replays, or do video play-ins during a live Talk.
How to Upload a Video
From your Channel's content listing, click on the "Upload a video" button:
On the following page, either drag and drop a video file into the top box or click the button and add one. Note: The file must be a .mp4 or a .mov type and not be larger than 5 GB.
Once you've added your file, it will begin to upload. A few notes about the upload:
- The speed of the upload is based on your network bandwidth as well as the size of the video file (larger files take longer).
- Once the upload begins, you'll need to stay on this screen until it completes. You'll know it's complete once the progress bar goes away and it says "processing"
- However, you can continue populating the rest of the form while you wait (you can even hit "proceed" at the bottom which will save your video details).
Populating the form
Once your video begins uploading, you can populate the rest of the form. A few notes about some of the key fields on the form:
- Upload feature image: There are two options for selecting a featured image. The first option "Select video still" allows you to scroll through your video and find a specific frame to select (timecode is in hh:mm:ss:xx). The second option "Upload image" allows you to upload a 16x9 image.
- Public/private: This setting determines whether or not your video will appear in your public Channel feed. Videos set to "private" will not be listed publicly- so we recommend using this setting for anything you don't want to expose to your audience.
Once your ready, click "Proceed" to advance the booking form. If your video is still uploading, you'll need to wait until it finishes before progressing.
After this step, depending on your configuration, you may see two additional steps. Please see these two articles for more information on these steps:
Q: Is my video auto-published once it completes processing?
A: Yes- once your video finishes processing it will be "published." That said if you set it to "Practice(private)" it will not be visible to your audience.
Q: What is the output quality of the video upload?
We support up to 720p (1280x720). If your file is larger than 720p (1080p,4k, etc) it will be downgraded to 720p.
Q: What are the recommended file specs for an uploaded video?
For optimum results, please ensure that your uploaded video is encoded to the following compression guideline:
Audio codec: AAC
Data rate: 128 kbps
Sample rate: 44.1 kHz
Article is closed for comments.