In preparing your file for upload, it is strongly recommended that you encode your video to the below recommended compression settings before uploading. These are tested settings that ensure your content will look its best.
Please ensure you have all necessary permissions to upload your video file to your public audience.
Recommended compression settings
For optimum results, please ensure that your uploaded video is encoded to the following compression guideline:
Video codec: H.264 - for best results we recommend using H.264, this is sometimes referred to as MP4
Frame rate: 25 or 30 FPS
Data rate: 2000 kbps
Resolution: 640x480 for 4:3 or 640x360 for 16:9
Audio codec: AAC
Data rate: 128 kbps
Sample rate: 44.1 kHz
Suggested methods of transcoding video ready for upload
The following methods are intended as a basic guideline. Open source tools we recommend to achieve this are listed below.*
Windows based OS
The following screen-shots display some recommended transcoding settings based on a 16:9 aspect ratio video.
1. Add your raw (highest quality) video export into the WinFF queue.
2. Click on ‘Options’ to expand options tab in bottom third of the window.
3. Align your ‘Output details’, ‘Video’ and ‘Audio’ with the screen-shots below, then hit ‘Convert’.
1. Open your raw (highest quality) video export within MPEG Streamclip.
2. Go to 'File' and 'Export to MPEG-4'
3. Use the following settings from the screenshot below. If the audio only contains voice then select 'Mono'.
*BrightTALK has no affiliation with any of the software referenced and is unable to assist you in the operation of these third-party tools.