You can choose between various layouts to better engage your audience while presenting a live talk.
When having just the presenter video on, you can choose between 3 available layouts by clicking Change layout on the bottom right of the presenter screen. The currently selected layout will be highlighted to the left of the button:
- Gallery: all presenters displayed in equal size in a grid view
- Full: active speaker displayed in full view
- Sidebar: active speaker side-by-side with all presenters
When selecting Full or Sidebar layout, active speaker will be automatically spotlighted. You can manually spotlight a presenter by clicking the Presenters button and making the appropriate selection. Dialed-in presenters cannot be spotlighted automatically and have to be selected manually.
When presenting slides, playing video, or sharing your screen, you can set one of the following layouts:
- Full: content displayed in full view (this is the default layout)
- Sidebar: content displayed side-by-side with all presenters
The layout you select for content (slides, video, screen share) will persist when switching between the various types. When clicking “End xxx”, you will be taken to the last used presenter layout.
What should I know about layouts:
- Selecting a layout changes the view of the talk for both presenters and audience.
- Observers are able to change layouts, same as presenters.
- Dialed-in presenters cannot be auto spotlighted. You can manually spotlight dialed in presenters by opening the Presenters carousel.
- When changing the size of the browser, presenter video feeds might resize to fit the newly constrained space - this does not affect the audience experience.
- When selecting a slide, video, screen share for the first time, it will default to Full layout. If you were to change the layout, it will remember your last used selection the next time you switch to any of those media types.
- Clicking “End xxx” will display the last used presenter layout - if you launched a slide from a Sidebar presenter layout, clicking “End xxx” will return the side-by-side view.