If you are using BrightTALK's Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, or Eloqua Connector, you can take advantage of BrightTALK's FastPass registration process to greatly improve conversion rates from email promotions to your webinars. This article explains how this feature works and how you can start using it:
What's the difference between FastPass and the normal registration process?
When you drive a lead to a webinar landing page, the normal signup process will look something like this:
- Lead lands on the webinar page and see's the registration form.
- Lead completes the form- which can be anywhere from 7 to 14 fields.
- Lead is registered for (or can view) your content.
Regular process (avg. 25-40 seconds):
With FastPass, this process is greatly simplified, leading to higher conversions:
- Lead lands on the webinar page and confirms their information.
- In the background, the form is completed automatically for them.
- Lead is registered for your content.
FastPass process (avg. 3-4 seconds):
In other words, the lead does not need to complete the registration form, as FastPass allows us to populate their data automatically. This dramatically reduces drop-off rate and data-entry errors.
How does FastPass work?
When you are using the FastPass process, you will include a "FastPass token" at the end of your promotional links when you send emails to your database through your marketing automation platform. This token allows us to look up the lead's information in the background and then make one of two decisions:
1. If we find that the lead is already a BrightTALK user (i.e. they've created an account in the past), then we simply allow them to register or view the content with no barriers.
2. If we find that they are not already a BrightTALK user, then we will ask them to confirm their information. After they confirm, they can register or view content with no barriers.
How do I use FastPass?
The process for using FastPass varies slightly based on the Connector you are using. Please see the links below for information on how to use it with your specific Connector:
Q: Does FastPass populate all fields for a lead?
A: Yes, FastPass will populate all standard BrightTALK registration fields.
Q: Does FastPass work with Channel and Content surveys?
A: If you have a Channel or Content Survey, the lead will still have to complete them before registering or viewing the content (it will not be auto-completed by FastPass).
Q: Can I use FastPass on non-email promotions?
A: No, as it requires that the token be generated dynamically through your marketing automation platform
Q: Does FastPass work with the BrightTALK embed?
A: Currently it does not.